Belpatra, Turmeric and Methi : To Control Diabetes In Natural Way
Having health problems with Diabetes?
Then don’t worry just follow the Best Nutraceutical Supplements to Control Diabetes in Natural Way.
Here in this blog, we provide natural remedies like belpatra, turmeric, and Methi to reduce the blood sugar level. Check it out!!!
Diabetes is a disease that arises when your pancreas in body is not able to make insulin or when the insulin
produced does not properly use by the body.
The pancreas made the insulin (hormone) act like glucose from the food we eat pass from the bloodstream into
cells in the body for producing energy.
In the blood, all foods containing carbohydrates broke down into glucose.
Can’t able to make use of insulin or not being able to produce insulin increase the blood sugar level.
High glucose damages the body’s organs and tissues. There are 3 types of diabetes such are type 1, type 2, and gestational.
For reducing blood sugar level, follow the natural remedies given below.
01 Belpatra: Best Nutraceutical Supplements To Control Diabetes In Natural Way
What is Belpatra?
Belpatra is the sacred tree and in Sanskrit is it known as Adhararutha, Sriphalamu in Telugu, Bengal quince or stone
apple in English, Iyalbudi in Tamil, Bel in Hindi, and Bengali. It is one of the essential medicinal plants in Ceylon, India, and Burma.
Belpatra is also known as Bael leaves; Belva leaves, bel Patri, or wood apple leaves have various medicinal
benefits that control the blood sugar level. Commonly these leaves are used at the time of religious rituals for Mahadev or Shankar.
Across the country, Belpatra is available in the market easily.
This is one of the dashmoola herbs, the 10 herbal roots with medicinal properties.
Due to its properties, this natural remedy is efficient during constipation, fever, and eye infection.
Scientifically, Beal leaves prove to have the properties of antibiotics.
Along with urea, belpatra reduces the level of blood sugar. Belpatra also has antioxidant and hypoglycemic properties.
Herbs or fruit that contain a low Glycemic index (hypoglycemic) are known to be efficient in diabetes treatment.
Bel Patra also helps to energize the pancreas as it boosts the production of insulin and due to the level of blood sugar level is in control.
Control Diabetes In Natural Way: Belpatra
- Antidiarrheal agent
- Anti- inflammatory agent
- Radioprotective potential
Bael (Wood Apple), Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
This fruit is very nutritious as it is rich in:
- Dietary fibers
- Vitamins – vitamin C, beta carotene, and vitamin B-complex.
- Minerals – potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, and iron
Nutritional Components Nutritional Value
- Energy 137 kcal
- Carbohydrate 31.8 gm
- Fat 0.3 g
- Proteins 1.8 gm
- Vitamin A 55 mcg
- Vitamin C 60 mg
- Thiamine 0.13 mg
- Riboflavin 1.19 mg
- Niacin 1.1 mg
- Carotene 55 mcg
- Calcium 85 mg
- Potassium 600 mg
- Fiber 2.9 gm
- Water 61.5 g
Belpatra branches and bark are rich in Feronia gum compounds that reduce the level of blood sugar.
For diabetes, bael Patra is a natural remedy in Ayurveda. With the belpatra insulin is produced and that controls the level of blood sugar.
Belpatra Health Benefits
- Help in Diabetes
- Manage bacteria-induced diarrhea and cholera
- Good digestive system
- Reduce the cholesterol
- Prevent skin infections
- Help in scurvy
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Boost the immunity system
- Help to enhance the breast link quality
Belpatra Rich With
- High in carbs
- Filled with calcium
- Rich in potassium
- Rich in iron
- Plenty of vitamins
- Having antioxidant
How To Use Belpatra
On an empty stomach, every morning chew 4-5 leaves. This routine must be continued for a prolonged time and
keep diabetes in check. In the blender, belpatra juice is extracted mixing them with some water.
If you take belpatra juice with pink or black pepper then it will be more effective.
To keep your diabetes and cholesterol controlled, chew both the bael and tulsi leaves together.
At the time of pregnancy, avoid bael fruits or leaves or you can consult the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to conceive.
As per the study in the IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology this fruit is consist of
protein, fiber, fat, calcium, sugar, water, phosphorus, iron, potassium, and vitamins like A, C, B, and riboflavin.
- Patkar A, Desai N, Ranage A, Kalekar K. A review on AEGLE MARMELOS: A potential medicinal tree. Int Res J Pharm. 2012;3(8):86–91. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/292739276_A_review_on_Aegle_marmelos_a_potential_medicinal_tree
- Dhankhar S, Ruhil S, Balhara M, Dhankhar S, Chhillar AK. Aegle marmelos (Linn.) Correa: A potential source of Phytomedicine. J Med Plants Res. 2011;5(9):1497–507. Available from: https://academicjournals.org/article/article1380546385_Dhankhar%20et%20el.pdf
- Pradesh M, Nadu T. Health Benefits of Bael Fruit Botanical Information on Fruit. :3–5. Available from: https://vikaspedia.in/health/ayush/ayurveda-1/ayurvedic-herbal-healing/health-benefits-of-bael-fruit
- Mujeeb F, Bajpai P, Pathak N. Phytochemical evaluation, antimicrobial activity, and determination of bioactive components from leaves of aegle marmelos. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014. Available from: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2014/497606/
- Rahman S, Parvin R. Therapeutic potential of Aegle marmelos (L.)-An overview. Asian Pacific J Trop Dis. 2014;4(1):71–7. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4027346/
Frequently Asked Questions for Belpatra
01.Ques: Is Bael leaves good for Health?
Ans: Belpatra is having properties such as antimicrobial, antidiarrhoeal agent, anti-inflammatory agent,
diuretic, anticancer and antipyretic, etc. This natural remedy helps to reduce blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels,
and also various infectious diseases, etc. but first, consult the doctor before consuming the belpatra
because it suggests the dosage as per your health condition.
02.Ques: Can Bael leaves be beneficial for Diabetic people?
Ans: People having a diabetic problem can consume belpatra as it helps to reduce the level of blood sugar
because it contains anti-diabetic properties.
03.Ques: Can we use Belpatra for diarrhea?
Ans: Yes, it is beneficial as for centuries it deal with diarrhea because due to its potential activity against bacteria.
But consult the doctor before consuming it as it suggests you as per the health condition.
This fruit is very nutritious and it contains chemicals such are coumarins, flavonoids, and tannins that reduce inflammation.
All bael tree plant is useful and when they start to grow, then fruit’s medicinal value is high as per the journal published in Pharma Innovation.
This fruit contains properties anthelmintic and anti-fungal.
So this is one of the Best Nutraceutical Supplements to Control Diabetes in a Natural Way. So must try it once!
02. Turmeric Best Nutraceutical Supplements To Control Diabetes In Natural Way
Turmeric is also known as Indian saffron or golden spice and in Asia and Central America, turmeric, a tall plant is growing.https://www.algnutrastore.com/product/turmeric-extract-curcumin-95-with-black-pepper-anti-inflammatory-and-antioxidan-immunity-booster-60-capsules/
Curry powder, is a major ingredient. Powders, teas, extracts, and capsules are some turmeric products that are available
commercially. In turmeric, Curcumin is the active ingredient and it has biological properties.
In Ayurvedic medicine, a traditional treatment system recommends turmeric for various health conditions.
In western medicine, turmeric is treated as a pain reliever and healing agent.
Turmeric comes from the Curcuma longa root and it consists of a chemical known as Curcumin
and which may reduce swelling. Commonly, turmeric is used to flavor
curry powder, Butter, mustard, and cheese and it has a bitter and warm taste. Commonly,
it is used for the treatment of pain and inflammation as it includes curcumin and other chemicals.
Turmeric is also used for osteoarthritis, fever, depression, liver disease, cholesterol, and itching.
Control Diabetes In Natural Way: Turmeric
- It is anti-inflammatory
- Give relief in pain
- Improve the function of the liver
- Reduce the cancer risk
- Help in digestion
Negative Effects Of Turmeric
- Thin the blood
- Upset the stomach
- Stimulate contractions
Turmeric And Diabetes
Diabetes is a condition in which people’s blood sugar level is high.
The things like how the body metabolizes food and how its energy is used all depend
on your level of blood sugar so it plays an essential role in our life.
Mainly diabetes arises when the body does not properly generate insulin or use insulin for regulating the blood sugar level.https://youtu.be/bnFR8RT2JhU
Research on Turmeric
As per the research, turmeric can treat and avoid diabetes.
As per the 2013 research, turmeric reduces blood sugar levels and also other diabetes regarding complications.
At the time of research, it was also found that curcumin can have a role in the prevention of diabetes.
To better understand the effects of curcumin and turmeric more trials are also needed with humans.
Based on another research turmeric stable blood sugar level and make diabetes controllable. It also offers common health benefits like help in digestion etc.
Risk And Warning
Turmeric is commonly safe for consumption. When curcumin, an active component of turmeric is taken
in as huge dosage as compared to normal consumption then it may cause some side effects.
A high dose is considered more than 4 gm of curcumin on daily basis.
- Turmeric can also take as a supplement. But before that, consult the doctor for determining how to best move next.
- At the time of using turmeric, few things you need to keep in mind:
- Read the supplement label and carefully follow the instructions. If you have any doubts about the dosage then consult the doctor first.
- If you want to take the supplements then begin with a low dose.
- These natural remedy increases or worsens anemia or level of urinary oxalate. So use the turmeric carefully if you have a history of anemia or stones in the kidney.
- Some can tolerate turmeric and some not as it disturbs the stomach or some have allergy problems. So start with a small dose.
- Buy turmeric in small quantities as it has its properties if it is fresh. Whether you want to buy the supplement or willing to add turmeric to the food buy only food for the immediate future.
If you cook turmeric in food then its health benefits are not the same as a supplement because heat takes away some medicinal value.
Guys, turmeric is the best Best Nutraceutical supplement to Control Diabetes in Natural Way. So must try it but before consumption must read the above details. If you want to buy the Turmeric Supplement
03. Methi / Fenugreek: Best Nutraceutical Supplements To
Control Diabetes In Natural Way
What is Fenugreek / Methi?
Methi or you can say fenugreek is a plant of the Fabaceae family and it is the oldest traditional medicinal plant.
Methi is cultivated in the region of North Africa, the Indian subcontinent, and the Mediterranean region.
In various forms, we use Fenugreek such as dried leaves (herb), vegetables (fresh leaves), and seeds (spice).
Methi is very nutritious, nutraceutical, and functional, and in the diet of humans, these traits make methi popular.
Fenugreek is containing high fiber and other chemicals that help to lower the level of blood sugar.
Methi seeds help to improve how the body uses sugar and increase insulin.
Doctors suggest that consume fenugreek powder (100 gm) on a regular diet as it has reduced the level of blood sugar.
Value of Nutrition
In dietary fibers and other nutrients, fenugreek is rich source and with this you get proper growth.
In various phytochemicals like amino acids, minerals, carbohydrates, alkaloids and steroidal saponins, methi is rich.
Nutrient Nutritional Value
- Carbohydrates 58%
- Proteins 23%-26%
- Fats 0.9%
- Fibres 25%
Fenugreek also consists of minerals and Vitamin like Vitamin C, Potassium, Calcium, Zinc, Iron,
Copper, Manganese, Copper and Magnesium and lot more.
Control Diabetes In Natural Way :Methi/Fenugreek
- Reducing Inflammation
- Liver protection
Fenugreek Health Benefits and Uses
- High blood pressure and heart problems.
- Boost immunity and fight for bacterial, fungal, and viral infections
- Controlling Arthritis
- Support to reduce the risk of Cancer
- Gastric Ulcers and inflammation
- Brain Disorders
- Obesity and reduce bad cholesterol
How To Use Methi?
There are various ways to sue the methi that includes:
- Methi seeds are used as a spice
- Methi leaves are used as a vegetable
- Methi-dried leaves used as an herb
Precautions While Taking Methi
- Consume the seeds of methi is not safe during the pregnancy as it may lead to abortion
- People who are having allergy should be careful while consuming fenugreek as there is a possibility of cross-reaction arises.
Before taking methi or any supplement must consult the doctor first.
Frequently Asked Questions
01. Ques: Is Methi good for losing weight?
Ans: Methi help in losing weight. Methi containing high fiber may cause hunger and promote weight loss.
Before making changes in diet or taking any natural remedy for weight loss, make sure to talk to a doctor.
02. Ques: Is good for diabetes?
Ans: To manage diabetes. Methi shows effectiveness as per various studies on animals.
Consuming methi increases insulin sensitivity and enhances insulin resistance condition. Human trials are waiting for confirmation.
03.Ques: how to use seeds of Methi?
Ans: Methi seeds are used as a spice and it is popular for their aromatic properties.
Before using the methi talk to a doctor as a natural remedy.
- Oufquir S, Ait Laaradia M, el Gabbas Z, Bezza K, Laadraoui J, Aboufatima R, et al. Trigonella foenum-graecum L. Sprouted Seed Extract: Its Chemical HPLC Analysis, Abortive Effect, and Neurodevelopmental Toxicity on Mice. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2020;2020.
- Syed QA, Rashid Z, Ahmad MH, Shukat R, Ishaq A, Muhammad N, et al. Nutritional and therapeutic properties of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum): a review. https://doi.org/101080/1094291220201825482 [Internet]. 2020 Jan 1 [cited 2022 Mar 14];23(1):1777–91. Available from: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10942912.2020.1825482
- Kaviarasan S, Ramamurty N, Gunasekaran P, Varalakshmi E, Anuradha CV. Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum) seed extract prevents ethanol-induced toxicity and apoptosis in Chang liver cells. Alcohol and alcoholism (Oxford, Oxfordshire) [Internet]. 2006 May [cited 2022 Mar 14];41(3):267–73. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16574673/
- Amit G, Rishabh M, Prakash ST, Kumar SP. Indian Medicinal Plants Used in Hair Care Cosmetics: A Short Review. Pharmacognosy Journal. 2010 Jun 1;2(10):361–4.
Fenugreek is one of the Best Nutraceutical Supplements to Control Diabetes in a Natural Way. So try it once!!!
- You must stick to a healthy diet, and exercise on regular basis.
- Maintain the balance in lifestyle. Your doctor will help you to develop good management planning for you.
- In most of the diet plans, you need to focus on whole foods more and these foods include fruits, grains, and vegetables. If anyone of you has a diabetic problem, it is essential to search for foods containing high fiber and less sugar. All these things help you to maintain the level of blood sugar.
- Doctor recommends doing exercise and activity regularly as it helps you to maintain the level of blood sugar.
- If anyone of having type 2 diabetes you can able to manage the condition with the help of a healthy diet and exercise on regular basis.
Other Ways To Manage The Diabetes
This is all about the Best Nutraceutical Supplements to Control Diabetes in Natural Way.
Hope this blog helps you to maintain your diabetes. For more herbal products, you may visit https://www.algenergynutra.com/